Success in Education Enrichment Development and Sports
Policies & Procedures
Arrival & Dismissal
All kindergarten students will be escorted from their classrooms daily by our staff when school is dismissed. Kindergarten students must be picked up each day by 6:00pm.
Students in first and second grade will be directed from their classrooms to the designated Seeds location the first week of school only. Thereafter, they will be given a room on campus to go to each day. Students in third, fourth, and fifth grade will be given a room on campus, prior to the first day of school, where they will go each day at dismissal time. All students, grades 1st-5th, will be met in the room by a staff member. All students in grades first, second, third, fourth and fifth, must be picked up each day at 6:00pm.
- You MUST sign your child In/Out DAILY. Your full legal signature and printing your name is required. Initials are not acceptable.
- Your signature must be LEGIBLE. In addition, the actual time of pick up must be clearly recorded. Failure to do so may result in termination from the program.
- Siblings must be age 18 or older to sign out your child.
- All persons must be authorized in writing to pick up your child. Your child will not be released without a written note. A photo ID will be initially required from all individuals listed on your authorized pick-up list.
- Changes to authorized persons list must be submitted in writing at least 24 hours prior to the authorized person picking up your child from SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE program. Exception: In case of emergency and only for that specific day, we would accept email or text authorization WITH a follow up verbal confirmation.
- Parents/Guardian/Care takers must make sure arrangements have been made so that students will be picked up on time at the completion of each class. If students are left past 5 minutes after class ends, Seeds Afterschool Care will charge $2.00 per minute for tardy parents. Seeds Afterschool Care staff have been instructed to receive cash upon arrival.
- All outdoor activities are subject to the weather. If it is raining @ 1:00 pm classes will be cancelled. If the temperature is over 96 degrees classes will be cancelled. There will be an automatic make up class. Check with your instructor or contact YES administrator with any questions regarding make up policy
- Check with your instructor or YES administrator regarding any early dismissal days. Classes will be customized or rescheduled if there is a conflict.
- There will be no classes during scheduled school holiday closures. All make up classes will be on the same day and same time the following week until semester is complete. No additional arrangements will be permitted.
Corporal punishment is not permitted. Our staff will not ridicule, harass or withhold food as a means of punishment. Our program follows the school codes of conduct. There will be a list of rules for our program presented on the first day. Students will be given a copy of the rules and asked to sign them indicating they understand the programs expectations for student behavior. Parents will be given a copy of the rules and asked to review them with their child at home.
Behavioral issues that can be easily addressed (excessive talking, brief acting out, not sharing, etc.), we will have a short time out not exceeding 5 minutes. The teacher will immediately discuss the inappropriate behavior with the student and what he/she can do to immediately change it. All behavior issues are documented in the event a parent/teacher conference is needed. Two or more time outs in one week will be shared with the parent by the teacher or director.
Note: We will make every effort to insure that your child’s experience is a positive one, however, we are under no obligation to keep a child in the program. If a determination is reached that behavioral needs exceed the services/staff we are able to provide, your child will be terminated from the program. No refunds will be given.
Reasons For Termination
SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE may terminate a child’s enrollment in the program effective immediately upon written notice to parent of such termination if any of the following conditions arise:
- Disruptive behavior that cannot be redirected after conferencing with parent.
- In the sole judgment of the center director, a child’s behavior threatens the physical or mental health/well-being of one or more other children participating in the program.
- Nonpayment of fees after two (2) notices.
- Not signing your child out after three (3) times.
- Late pick up, after 6pm, after three (3) occurrences.
- Parent fails to pick up child promptly when notified child is ill.
- Parent is hostile, uses profane language, is verbally or physically abusive, threatening to staff or clients of SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE
An annual non-refundable registration fee of $65 is due at the time of enrollment to secure your placement in Seeds Afterschool Care. Registration Click for direct access
Tuition amounts are based on a fical calendar (Sept - May). Payments can be made for the entire period or monthly. The monthly payments are based on the entire fiscal period noted (9 monthly payments). If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (818) 963-1646. Thirty days (30) notice must be given to change your child’s days of attendance and it must be given in writing via email or letter.
**All payments must be made online using our online portal under the Childcare payment tab.
Tuition payments can be made in one payment for the periods: September through May or on a monthly basis on our website. All payments must be made using our online portal. The tuition payment is delinquent on the 5th of the month. A $40 LATE FEE will be added to all payments made on the 6th of the month.
If your bank returns a check, you will are required to pay the tuition plus reimburse the bank insufficient funds fee and late tuition charge.
Late Payment Policy
If tuition payments are late beyond 30 days, we will contact you by phone, mail and/or email to inform you that your child will not be permitted in the program until payment and late fees have been paid in full.
Late Pick-Up Fee
Our after school programs end at 6:00pm. You will be charged $2 a minute for every minute after 6:05pm, payable at the time of pick up. Law Enforcement will be contacted at 7 pm if your child has not been picked up. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Tuition is based on a period from September through May (9 month breakdown). Our staff serves your child during all early dismissal days, minimum days, and teacher conference days throughout the entire school year at no additional cost. We will not pro-rate the tuition if you decide to start/leave the program in the middle of the month. The month of August and June will be charged on a daily rate because the of LAUSD flex schedule.
- Are determined on a case-by-case basis
- Are not given for sickness, absences or family vacations.
- Are not given if you fail to notify the administrative office of your child leaving the program and/or any changes in their schedule before the 1st of the month. This will include all forms of payment.
Thirty days’ notice must be given for dropping a program or changing a program.
- Children must be fever free/vomit free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- If a child is diagnosed with lice or “conjunctivitis (“pink eye”) the school’s nurse MUST clear them to attend school before they can return to our program.
- SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE will not pay for any medical bills. Parents are responsible for payments required for all medical care given to their child/children.
Children will not be given any over the counter or prescription medication by our staff. Parents/Guardians must make necessary arrangements to administer prescribed and/or over the counter medications themselves. Children are not allowed to have any medication on them. This is a cause for expulsion from our program.
We will make every effort to address specific allergies, however, we cannot be responsible for what other families pack for lunch or snack. (e.g.: peanut allergies)
Our staff has emergency information on hand at all times. We coordinate with the schools on fire/earthquake drills, and how to proceed in the event of a disaster.
Right of Licensing Officials to Interview Children
￼We are a licensed child care center and, that, under California law, the California Department of Social Services has the right at any time, without notice or prior consent to privately interview children or staff at any child care center, to inspect and audit children’s records, to observe the physical condition of children, including conditions which could indicate abuse, neglect or inappropriate placement, and to have a licensed medical professional conduct physical examination of children.
Child's Personal Belongings
We reserve the right to look into your child’s backpack, clothing, items, books and folders for: homework, teacher notes, parental notes, lost or misplaced items, cell phone. Parents, who do not approve of the staff doing so, will be required to contact our administrative offices at (818) 963-1646. In addition, if a child refuses a backpack search, our staff will wait for parent’s consent unless the safety of children is at risk. Our staff adheres to all policies and procedures set forth by the Los Angeles Unified School District.
Transportation is not provided as all programs are held on campus.
We reserve the right to change SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE Policies and Procedures at any time. Parents will be given 30 days’ notice before the changes take place.
The undersigned and/or parent/guardian agree to mediate any dispute or claim arising between us out of this Agreement, or any resulting from the SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE program before resorting to arbitration or court action. Mediation fees, if any, shall be divided equally among the parties involved. If, for any dispute or claim to which this paragraph applies, any party commences an action without first attempting to resolve the matter through mediation, or refuses to mediate after a request has been made then that party shall not be entitled to recover attorney fees, even if they would otherwise be available to that party in that party in any such action. THIS MEDIATION PROVISION APPLIES WHETHER OR NOT THE ARBITRATION PROVISION IS ENFORCED.
Arbitration of Disputes
The undersigned and/or parent/guardian agree that any dispute or claim in Law or equity arising between the parties or beneficiaries of this Agreement or any resulting transaction, which is not settled through mediation, shall be decided by neutral binding arbitration. The arbitrator shall be retired judge or justice, or an attorney with at least 5 years of child care law experience, unless parties mutually agree to a different arbitrator, who shall render an award in accordance with substantive California Law. The parties shall have the right to discovery in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure Section 1238.5. In all other respects, the arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with Title 9 of Part II of the California Code of Civil Procedure. Judgment upon the award of the arbitrator(s) may be entered into any court having jurisdiction. Interpretation of this agreement to arbitrate shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
I agree to indemnify and defend Seeds Afterschool Care, against all causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other ￼￼￼ litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use or presence upon the facilities of Lanai Road Elementary. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of Lanai Road Elementary caused by my or my family’s negligent, reckless or willful actions. I consent to the participation of my child, Lanai Road Elementary and Seeds Afterschool Care, in Youth Services, and agree on behalf of the above minor to all of the terms and the conditions of this agreement. By signing this Release of Liability, I represent that I have legal authority over and custody of _____.
In the event of injury to the above minor during the above described activities, I give my permission to Seeds Afterschool Care or the employees, representatives or agents of to arrange for all necessary medical treatment for which I shall be financially responsible. This temporary authority will begin on "first day class" and will remain in effect until terminated in writing by the undersigned or when the above described activities are completed. Seeds Afterschool Care shall have the following powers: (a). The power to seek appropriate medical treatment or attention on behalf of my child as may be required by the circumstances, including without limitation that of a licensed medical physician and /or a hospital; (b). The power to authorize medical treatment or medical procedures in an emergency situation; and (c). The power to make appropriate decisions clothing, bodily nourishment and shelter.
Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from the participation in the above shall be resolved under California law.
SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE, Inc. takes photos and videos of the children in the course of their after school events and activities. By checking the box on the last page of the booklet, you are choosing to give permission to SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE to use your child’s likeness in a photograph or other digital likeness in any or all of its publications, promotional literature, including website entries, without payment or any other considerations. It is understood and agreed that these materials will become the property of SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE, Inc. By checking the “Yes” box you will, hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge SEEDS AFTERSCHOOL CARE from all claims, demands and causes of actions which you, or any other person acting on your behalf.
Privacy & Data Collection
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the site. The tool uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' us of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Lanai.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
This site also uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting that gathers 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) to understand our visitor demographics and gauge the success of our outreach efforts.
Further Information about Cookies The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body that develops standards and guidelines to support online business processes. It has produced a series of web pages that explain how cookies work and how they can be managed at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Any information collected on this site or affiliated sites will not used for any commercial purposes, or be resold.
Required SEEDS Childcare Forms
Please refer to the Forms tab listed above for list of required forms
Required Foms <--click the link for direct access